How often do you think about your crawl space? We’re guessing not often. But this often overlooked part of your house can have a huge impact on your health and even the value of your home. That’s why we offer a service called crawl space encapsulation. We’ll take a look at some of the benefits of crawl space encapsulation services, what they mean to your health, and why Crawl Space Encapsulation Fremont is the right call when you need to “upgrade” your crawl space.
What Is Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Crawl space encapsulation involves lining the crawl space with a vapor barrier. Usually, this is made of polyethylene. It is placed on the floor of the crawl space, “sealing in” the area.
10 Benefits of Encapsulating Your Crawl Space
1. You Can Save on Heating and Cooling Bills This encapsulation provides a layer of insulation that will make your heating and air conditioning more efficient. As a result, you’ll get a pleasant surprise in your monthly bill.
2. It Can Reduce Your Chances of Getting Mold
Mold is not your friend. In fact, it can lead to a host of health problems. Even worse, mold may be lurking in areas you’re not aware of, and getting rid of it is not as simple as you may think. By creating a moisture-proof barrier, crawl space encapsulation protects you from mold.
3. It Keeps Out Insects and mice and roaches and other vermin. Sealing the area makes it difficult for these creatures to infiltrate the inner workings of your house.
4. It Can Increase the Value of Your Home
If you’re considering selling your home, an encapsulated crawl space can make it much more attractive. In some cases, you may be able to ask for a higher price.
5. It Improves Your Indoor Air Quality
Did you know that almost half of the air you breathe comes from your crawl space? Therefore, making sure this area is sealed makes a huge difference. Improved indoor air quality means you’ll have fewer issues with allergies and other similar issues.
6. It Makes Your House More Comfortable
No one likes to get out of bed and have their bare feet hit a freezing floor! Because crawl space encapsulation works as a type of insulation, floors won’t be cold in the winter and the house won’t be stiflingly hot and muggy in the summer.
7. It Makes Sure Your Floors Are Meant to Last
If moisture seeps into your floors, they can rot and become unstable. Eventually, they may have to be replaced. Crawl space encapsulation combats moisture, making sure your floors last a long time.
8. It Reinforces the Structural Integrity of Your Home
How? Remember how excess moisture can damage your floors? It can do the same to the structural foundation of your house. As mentioned earlier, it also keeps out pests—such as termites—that can cause extensive problems for your home.
9. It Provides Extra Duct Insulation
Because it provides an extra layer of protection, the air ducts are protected from humidity. This places them in a conditioned space that enhances the life of your HVAC system.
10. Crawl Space Service: It’s a Solid Investment Many people wonder about the cost of crawl space service. Many times the cost of encapsulating crawl space depends upon the type of material involved and the size and scope of the project. However when you consider that it can add value to your home and reduce your utility bills for the life of your home, the cost of encapsulating your crawl space is a good economic investment.
At Crawl Space Encapsulation Fremont, we will be happy to give you a professional estimate with no obligation. You can be assured that our qualified technicians will treat your home with the same respect and care that we would treat our own.
Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved | Crawl Space Cleaning Insulation Bay Area